Monday, March 8, 2010

Daily Inspiration 3-8-10

"It is a strange thing, you have said it thousands of times I am sure. . . you will never know what you can do until you try. However the sad truth is, that most people never try anything until they know they can do it."

-- Bob Proctor


"For all sad words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are these, 'It might have been'."

-- John Greenleaf Whittier


Both of these quotes in my opinion, speak of a comfort zone--a place where we are relatively comfortable and to go outside of this imaginary zone is to be uncomfortable which creates a fearful reaction.

Many times we feel that we need to know a thing in order to do it. Some might say, 'I need to take a class on that.' I'm all for increased knowledge, but many use the class as a way of avoiding doing. I could have taken years of classes on how to build a website, but I just jumped in and tried it. Each attempt got better and better, but I wasn't afraid to try once I made the decision to try. I also realize that I will always be learning how to do it better--while I am doing it.

Let's say you wanted to become a public speaker. Talk about out of most people's comfort zones. . . You could get plenty of books on the subject, take college courses, yet there is absolutely nothing that takes the place of actually doing it, feeling it and getting to know it as a participant. Toastmasters is a great place to start where you are all participants. Finding places and opportunities to speak would be the best. Most likely, the more you do it, the more you are comfortable with it.

Is there anything that you've thought about more than once about doing and haven't yet done? Today is a great place to start--right here and right now. I've found two questions that have helped me greatly over the years: 1. What am I really afraid of? Maybe it's really not what you think. Think about what you are really afraid of. 2. What's the worst thing that could happen? People might laugh, or face criticism, or feel pain? Many times, the worst thing that could happen isn't all that bad.

Here's to all of you who are living your life and taking some chances based on your desires. It's okay to want what you want. Now go do what you want. Do it in pieces if necessary, but do it! What a ride it will be.


My Comfort Zone Is Continually Expanding Which Means I Am Continually Growing!

Spread Some Joy Today--Actually do something you've been meaning to do. Take a chance on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment