Sunday, March 28, 2010

Daily Inspiration 3-28-10

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

-- Alan Kay


"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

-- Albert Einstein


"Vision. . . .
It reaches beyond the thing that is, into the conception
of what can be. Imagination gives you the picture.
Vision gives you the impulse to make the picture your own."

-- Robert Collier


Contrary to popular opinion, I pay close attention to reality. After all, it is what is, right? What it is, it is. Face reality. I do. Matter of fact, if it weren't for reality, being in my face, I wouldn't have the desire to create my own reality. Based on that alone, I thank God for reality.

So, I'm looking at what's real and not liking it very much, so that causes me to desire a different reality--one that is somewhat more pleasing to my senses, my heart and my soul. So, I change it. That's right. I just change it. Now I have a different reality and it feels so much better.

Like Einstein says, 'If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.' I love that line, and I think I might change it a bit to, If the facts don't fit the theory, change your thinking about the facts. It's just a fact, you know. A fact is nothing more than our own individual interpretation of something. So, accepting the facts, or the 'what is' will limit us dramatically from what could possibly be.

This is where vision comes in. My interpretation of the word vision in this context is to be able to see beyond what is to a better reality. Think of the visionaries that you might be aware of and how they looked at current reality and saw something completely different, then moved toward it, rather than accepting the current reality as real. Whew. That's heavy. But, it is so true, isn't it?

The absolute best thing that I can do about the present reality is be sincerely grateful for it and to appreciate it for what it is. That would be the extent of it, unless it was exactly what I wanted, then I would roll around in it like a dog scratching it's own back on the living room floor wiggling all around upside down. Come to think of it, I'm doing that much of the time with the current reality as it is a perfect way of showing my gratitude, don't you know. After all, I created this reality too. It's just that my thinking is always changing and moving toward another vision.

It's all good then, isn't it? How in the world can you miss, when you think of it like this? It reminds me of that Crosby, Still & Nash song. . . love the one you're with. . .love the one you're with. . .


Don't Bite The Hand That Feeds Ya. Cause It's You!

Spread Some Joy Today--Make a sincere effort today. Find joy. Do whatever you need to do today to find joy. It's really, really easy. Choose it now. Be grateful. Give thanks. Share your love. It costs nothing at all. It doesn't even requre bodily energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment