Monday, March 22, 2010

Daily Inspiration 3-22-10

"I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.
I have lost almost 300 games.
On 26 occasions I have been entrusted
to take the game winning shot. . .and missed.
I have failed over and over again in my life. . .
that that is why. . .I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan


"If you're doing your very best,
you won't have any time to worry about failure."

-- H Jackson Brown, Jr.


I love these two quotes together and in this sequence. Michael Jordan is being humble and instructing wannabes and H Jackson Brown's comment speaks of Michael Jordan, doesn't it? I think we would all agree that it seems to us that Michael Jordan always gave his best; albeit sometimes his best wasn't good enough--as is our own--but it's okay. It's all good.

I remember like phantom voices my grandmother and others saying to me to do my best. I haven't always done that. I believe in doing my best and promote it and I do my best often. And, I also know there have been plenty of times when good enough was on my mind rather than my best.

Therein lies the difference I think. How often do we do our best? 25%? 50%? Doing our best doesn't guarantee success, but I think it guarantees that we will succeed more often, as we all know Michael Jordan did.


I Want To Do My Best 100% Of The Time. This Will Give Me Nothing To Lose And Everything To Gain!

Spread Some Joy Today--Do your best all day today, then turn and look back and see the difference your day made.

No comments:

Post a Comment