Thursday, March 25, 2010

Daily Inspiration 3-25-10

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another
as to remain cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

-- Thomas Jefferson


"Genius is nothing but a greater aptitude for patience."

-- Benjamin Franklin


Cool and unruffled under all circumstances. . . what a dream that is! However, I like that dream very much and I absolutely agree that it is one of the most powerful positions to hold and maintain. I would go so far as to say that it is even mastery. To have such charge of your own mind as to be able to control your feelings so well that under extremely challenging situations you remain cool, calm and collected is an awesome objective.

I especially like this quote from Thomas Jefferson and what I like about it is that the movie, John Adams that stars Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney, shows Thomas Jefferson, played by Stephen Dillane in exactly this way--cool and calm under intense pressure. It is a joy to watch him and how influential he really was.

Much of that comes from a partnership with patience. Allowing a situation to unfold prior to reacting in anticipation of how it might be can be so helpful. It may even turn out the way you want it without any effort of your own.

Today, having made the decision several years ago to seek to be cool and unruffled under all circumstances, I find great progress. I am therefore an avid student of Thomas Jefferson and seek to emulate him in his coolness. I've a ways to go. . . but the horizon is in sight. A wonderful sight at that. Consider the virtue of joining me. It is a worthy journey with great reward.


I Am Cool and Calm and Collected More Every Day.

Spread Some Joy Today--How's your coolness under fire? Your calmness under pressure? Your patience in the face of fear and worry? What would you like it to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment