Thursday, March 4, 2010

Daily Inspiration 3-4-10

"The barriers are not erected which can say to
aspiring talents and industry, 'Thus far and no farther."

-- Ludwig van Beethoven


"Mind is consciousness which has put on limitations.
You are originally unlimited and perfect.
Later you take on limitations and become the mind."

-- Ramana Maharshi


"Stop thinking in terms of limitations
and start thinking in terms of possibilities."

-- Terry Josephson


It is so amazing what we can do when we allow ourselves to do something. I love the quote by Ramana Maharshi because that is easy to see this happening as time moves forward. We might be listening, watching, or reading a news report where something is being told that has you believing a certain thing, then find out later that it was not as it was described. We take on our beliefs. They are learned. If we are growing, they are constantly being challenged, accepted, adopted and discarded. There our limitations are born--and can be erased.

The quote I love even more is by Terry Josephson: "Stop thinking in terms of limitations, and start thinking in terms of possibilities." That quote gives me enthusiasm to pursue what I want. I've had enough of the learned limitations and the people who promote what I cannot do. Each time I break through these self-imposed barriers, I find huge bursts of joy. What power resides in a thought!

Here's a thought worth thinking about: There is a huge difference between "I can't" and "I don't know how." We could call that transition, step one toward possibility thinking. I don't know is a very flexible phrase, and what gives it power is that it allows help in, whereas, I can't closes all doors. This transition is how people finally get off drugs, or quit smoking, drinking or whatever unhelpful habit or situation.

There is also a huge difference between "I wish someone would do this for me," and "I think I can figure it out. I'll try it and see what happens." I wish someone would do this for me was how I felt about building a website until October of 2007, then I switched gears to I think I can figure it out--I'll give it a try. A few short months later, I am in business building websites. You could have never guessed it before.

There are many situations where I have faced a wall of lack of knowledge and experience and felt incapable of getting over it. As I have allowed myself to entertain the thought that I could learn it, I no longer needed to get over the wall, for the wall had evaporated. Completely disappeared! Very interesting, don't you think?

As I practice--and that is the key for me, at least, is to practice--I get better at being a possibility thinker and releasing my previous limitations.

Here's to the power we all have in equal quantity: The power to think what ever we choose. And, here's to choosing well!


I Control My Mind And My Thoughts. I Can Think Possibility Rather Than Limitation If I Want To. I Do.

Spread Some Joy Today--Think about things that you have been afraid to learn, confused about and have fully excluded as not possible for you. Any change in thinking? You've got the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment