Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daily Inspiration 3-7-10

"Every memorable act in the history of the world is a triumph of enthusiasm. Nothing great was ever achieved without it because it gives any challenge or any occupation, no matter how frightening or difficult, a new meaning. Without enthusiasm you are doomed to a life of mediocrity but with it you can accomplish miracles."

-- Og Mandino


"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements
of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is
something to be enthusiastic about."

-- Charles Kingsley


I've used the word enthusiasm for so many years and never really looked up the definition. I've always thought of being enthusiastic as being excited, energized, outgoing, with joy. I really first learned the word from Frank Bettger's book, How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling. In that book, in the first chapter, he talks about learning how to become enthusiastic and how to experience the real feeling of it by acting as if you already had it. His famous phrase is, to become enthusiastic, act enthusiastically.

That is the generally accepted modern definition, but it originally meant inspiration or to be inspired, to have the presence of God in you, to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Isn't that interesting? I do especially love the inspiration part, yet by definition, they are almost the same. Webster says Inspiration is "a divine influence or action on a person believed to qualify him or her to receive and communicate sacred revelation; the action or power of moving the intellect or emotions.

I don't know if taking a look at the definitions of enthusiasm and inspiration help you at all, but it enlightens me. It helps me to understand how I feel how I do when I am enthusiastic and inspired. It's like opening a whole new door. . .

I love feeling enthusiastic and inspired. It is beyond joy. I hope you experience some today and every day. Just in case you're not feeling it, remember the phrase: to become enthusiastic, act enthusiastically. Sounds so different now. . .


I Love Being Enthusiastic. When I'm Not, I Pretend.

Spread Some Joy Today--One of the things that brings me inspiration and enthusiasm the quickest is to be genuinely grateful for __________, and _________, and _____.

No comments:

Post a Comment