Friday, July 5, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-5-13

"All blame is a waste of time."
 
-- Dr. Wayne Dyer


My ego loves to blame others for anything and everything that is not to my moment-to-moment liking. It took me a lot of years to realize that was the case and that I am not my ego. I also found out by finally becoming aware enough to pay attention to my constant blaming of others, that blaming them didn't make me feel any better, nor did it solve any problems I might be having. Somehow I thought I would at least feel better if I could find someone else to blame for my circumstances. It didn't work. And, though I persisted for a long time after the initial awareness, I slowly began paying more attention and as I would catch myself blaming, or giving responsibility to others, to stop, let it go, choose a different thought. I still do that today, though I blame less and less all the time.

Dr. Wayne Dyer's quote above is just the first line of a larger quote, so I will leave you with the entire quote to consider:

"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for external reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration. You may succeed in making another feel guilty about something by blaming him, but you won't succeed in changing whatever it is about you that is making you unhappy."


A Better Choice Is Always Accepting Full Responsibility Myself. It's Easier To Figure Out That Way.

Spread Some Joy Today--Give yourself some extra special love today. You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment