Friday, July 26, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-26-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"A rose is not its thorns,
a peach is not its fuzz,
and a human being is not
his or her crankiness."
 
-- Lisa Kogan


There are many rose bushes at my place, mostly in the backyard along a fence. I did not plant them. I would not have planted them. I like roses, but I don't much like working with them. I have tried many types of gloves and those thorns have found their way into my fingers regardless. Roses are beautiful and delicate and sensitive, and yes, they are rather thorny too.

I love peaches. I can't stand the peach fuzz on my hands or on my lips. It gives me the creeps. That's why I prefer nectarines as raw fruit, though they do not taste the same. So I buy peaches in the jar in the refrigerated section and I love them. No problems, just good fruit, along with a bit of sweetness.

I love people, but I cannot stand crankiness, even though I've done my share of being cranky. I like people when they are laughing, smiling, feeling good, acting good. In all other attitudes and demeanors, I am less liking, while I give my best shot at being loving regardless.

This quote above by Lisa Kogan was interesting to me. It was cute about the crankiness, yet also instructive. In everything we have pluses and minuses, pros and cons, things we like and things we don't like so much, yet in everything there is both. We can focus on one or the other, even recognize ourselves in them.

Hating fuzz doesn't stop me from loving peaches. Hating thorns doesn't have any real effect on my love of roses. Hating is too strong a word, I think. Disliking is far better and far more accurate. And, disliking crankiness whether it is coming from me or another human being doesn't really stop me from loving people or myself.

We are complicated, and that is a good thing. I have learned to look for something I like in everything and everyone, and when I focus on that, I always find it. Maybe that's the lesson if there is one.


To Some We Are Parts Of The Sum; To Others, The Sum Of Our Parts.

Spread Some Joy Today--Pay attention to what you are focusing on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment