Monday, July 15, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-15-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Never judge an experience on face value alone.
Behind every tragedy awaits a gift.
Sometimes what seems to be the worst thing
that could happen turns out to be the best.
A setback is really a setup.
Be open to the gift and it will be revealed."
 
-- Alan Cohen


Behind every tragedy is a gift. What a powerful thought to consider. In the face of tragedy, we often focus on the tragedy and nothing else. We seek justice, whatever that may be, in the hopes that it will take away the thoughts of the tragedy somehow, but it doesn't. It doesn't work and it doesn't change anything because all of that is on the outside, when the only change that will make a difference is on the inside.

I think that we give events and circumstances far more power than they deserve. Consider the experience as an experience without needing to label them as tragedies at all. If we want good feeling things in our lives, it is so helpful to look from that perspective that there is something in the experience of value to us.

It has been my own experience that when I am looking for the value, I find value. I have also found that when I look only at the event or situation, I do not. The last thing I learned that is the most valuable is that it is always my own choice.


Learn To Expect The Blessing And Find The Value.

Spread Some Joy Today--Do you have ill feelings about anyone? Now would be a great time to make amends. Take joy in that moment and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment