Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-17-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"The next time life tosses you a multiples choice test, remember:
 
1) The more time you give it, the more choices you'll have.
2) There'll always be more than one right answer.
3) Waiting for divine intervention is almost never a good idea."
 
-- Mike Dooley,
A Note From the Universe


I loved this message from my friend and mentor, Mike Dooley, a.k.a., The Universe. I really keyed in on #2 because it seems that many of us probably think there is only one right answer. Often we may be choosing between, instead of selecting from, if you get my drift. But, to know that there is always more than one right answer is a wonderfully open-minded thing to consider, don't you think?

I think of the 'multiples choice test' as being time for a decision. We've gathered some data and now is time to make a choice from the opportunities that exist. I also see that the more time I wait to make a choice, the more choices seem to come around. Often, I think they are just out to confuse me, but the longer I procrastinate, the more opportunities, or choices there will be and that can certainly be confusing--even confounding.

To consider inside this opportunity to choose that there are more than one good choice, or more than one answer is exciting when I think about that. It may also cause me to consider more options, and it may also have me continue to procrastinate.

Waiting for divine intervention or any other kind of epiphany is to linger in procrastination, which gets us nowhere at all. In other words, when its time to make a choice, it's time to make a choice and procrastination is electing to not make a choice.

Since, out of the choices, there is more than one 'right' answer, making the decision or the choice then is more about getting on with it and then lining up with the choice than it is the choice being right or wrong, good or bad, correct or incorrect.


Consider The Experience The Choice Will Help Create. It Could Very Well Be Delightful (Love That Word!).

Spread Some Joy Today--Get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment