Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-31-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Accept--then act.
Whatever the present moment contains,
accept it as if you had chosen it.
Always work with it,
not against it."
 
-- Eckhart Tolle


When I was around 12 years old, my stepdad and I took some Judo lessons in southern California. Some of what I learned there even though a short-lived experience are with me today. This quote by Eckhart Tolle brought back much of that memory, especially with the last line in the quote, where he says to "always work with it and not against it." That is my recollection of the basic idea of Judo.

Yesterday I wrote about resistance. In Judo, as I recall, the idea is to never resist your opponent, but to go with their flow while managing the opponent by utilizing their own movement and balance. If they are coming at you, it is easy to use their energy by directing our position to send them flying over the top of us to the ground. In moving them gently off balance, we can use that lack of control to our advantage and trip them and control the outcome.

As events and situations come into our experience, rather than resisting them, we are far better off to go with that energy and allow it to help us go beyond the experience to a better place. Yet when we resist the energy, we remain helpless in the 'battle' of the experience and the ill feelings that come along for the ride.

When we accept a situation as if we actually created it on purpose, that alone gives us an energy that dominates. It is easier and more fruitful to see the situation, realize that we created it however unwanted we think it should be, and by acknowledging it as being present, we can make a better choice anytime we want. This allows us to use that energy to move beyond.

A better question then rather than 'why is this here?' is 'what is right about this?' or 'how can I benefit from this?' and so on. That is accepting the reality of the experience in front of us while at the same time looking beyond it and using the energy of it to move beyond.


Going With The Flow Has More Meaning Now.

Spread Some Joy Today--Send someone a nice card today. Just for the heck of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment