Monday, July 22, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-22-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Courtesies of a small and trivial character
are the ones which strike deepest
in the grateful and appreciating heart."
 
-- R.H. Blyth


I am so thankful that I have become a grateful person. It is something that creates unbridled joy for me, and now I experience that joy daily. I don't know yet what it would be like to live in that space constantly; however, I have learned to practice being thankful, expressing thankfulness, and experiencing the joy that comes from doing so more often to the point that it is part of me many times during each day.

Yesterday, I was watching a TV Miniseries from HBO on DVD that I only now became aware of. I found myself in some tears of joy in my gratitude for the fact that I could watch it and it was so good, so well acted, perfectly chosen actors, great storyline, and more. I found myself being grateful for the author and creator of the show, the producers, the company that invested in the show. It is flat amazing to me how many people, hours, testing is done to bring just one hour of this, or any other show, concert, athletic event to fruition--and I get the benefit for so little money and just a bit of time. What value is created for so many, and I am grateful to be one of them, and when I find a show or movie that resonates with me, I think they made it just for me.

I went to a wedding on Saturday, and I found myself in such gratitude and joy to just be in the magnificent church building. I was in awe of the design and all the people, the artists that sang and played piano, the joy of the families, the perfection of the day. I rejoiced in the generosity of the parents who fed so many, offering drink and dance to help their daughter to have that special day in her life, while at the same time sharing it with all who attended, along with all of the benefactors in the service of the guests.

It doesn't matter how big or small a thing or gesture is to me. I rejoice in them all. And, I rejoice most of all in two things. One is my awareness and willingness to be a grateful person, and two is the opportunity I have to live this life God gave me to be able to experience this joy.


Yes. I Have Become Such A Softie. I Think It Is Actually A Return To My Real Self.

Spread Some Joy Today--See the joyful expression all around you today. You can only see that with a heart of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment