Saturday, July 13, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-13-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.


 "Love is a state of Being.
Your love is not outside;
it is deep within you.
You can never lose it,
and it cannot leave you."
 
-- Eckhart Tolle


I've talked ever so briefly about my wife's terminal illness. Most may not find it interesting to discuss. Nancy has ALS and was diagnosed 19 months ago. She can no longer speak. And, I bring this up because I am learning so much by having become her full-time caretaker. I've learned much about patience and how much I thought I had and didn't, as well as love and how we express or don't express that. There are many lessons and I am sure there are more to come.

Today, I wanted to talk about love. Many people who know Nancy love her. She's certainly easy to love, but since she became ill and progressively became speechless, so many that love her don't know what to do. They don't know how to communicate. Nancy has a facebook page but she doesn't even go on her computer anymore, so email is useless too. Her hands won't allow normal use so her options are so limited.

I take her for a ride almost every day because she wants to go. It is quiet in the car except when I'm talking to her or pointing something out, making a comment, etc. Once in a while we might stop somewhere where someone knows Nancy and I suggest they come say hi to her. They have trouble with that because they don't know what to say, have a hard time seeing her in her current condition and such.

She doesn't like visitors much because she doesn't like people seeing her the way she is and she can't communicate either. However, there is something that people can do for Nancy and for anyone in that kind of position to demonstrate their love. It's called mail. Every supermarket has greeting cards. There are Hallmark stores, Papyrus and more. Little messages of love and that you are thinking of them. People can send me emails for Nancy and I can give them to her to read. She can read, and if she couldn't, I would read them to her.

My point isn't about Nancy so much as it is about what I have learned about how we can show that we care and show our love to others when we may otherwise find it difficult to be around them. In today's electronic world, we forget about simple ways to communicate and share our love. Flowers are great and sometimes pricey, but cards are inexpensive and very touching.

You may know someone or several people right now that could use this kind of loving uplift. It's the little things that mean so much.


Now Is A Great Time.

Spread Some Joy Today--There isn't anything more important than sharing love with another, except loving yourself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment