Saturday, July 27, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-27-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"The first step in exceeding
your customer's expectations
is to know those expectations."
 
-- Roy H Williams


Many of us in the game of sales understand the quote above--at least on the surface. Sure, we know, how can we meet or even exceed a customer's expectations if we don't know what they are. So we think we do, but often, we are far more focused on our own needs, desires, plans, accomplishments.

We may be so enamored with our plan, our value and our magic services, that we gently pass by without much notice of what our customer's really want or could expect. In other words, sometimes we're so sure it's broken that we focus on the fixation rather than determining what the real need or desire is in the other.

Then again, how will we know if we are meeting, missing, or exceeding the customer's expectations? Do we have a plan to know this ever so valuable information?

If you're in sales (we're all in sales!), consider these statements and questions. It is valuable to consider and even more valuable to implement.


I Might Think I'm Doing Great Just Before The Firing.

Spread Some Joy Today--Focus on finding better feeling thoughts as you travel through your day. The state of appreciation is among the best of destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment