Sunday, July 14, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-14-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Sometimes the helper needs help,
and for being helped
they become better helpers."
 
-- Mike Dooley, A Note From The Universe


Yesterday, I mentioned my wife and me becoming a full-time caretaker (part time businessman). After sending the Daily Inspiration, I got my daily dose from Mike Dooley, a.k.a., The Universe with his A Note From the Universe daily messages. That quote is above.

I haven't accepted much of any help, though I sure could use it, being the tough guy I am, able to leap small buildings with a very tall ladder and all. You know the type: Generous to a fault, where I love giving or am willing to give, but so much less willing to ask for or accept help. Must be an ego thing. . .

Anyway, I saw this message and thought this would be a great thing to briefly discuss today. But, helping, asking for help and being helped is only a small part of a much larger story.

Perhaps you know someone, or maybe yourself, who is really good at giving but very bad at receiving. Many people have a problem with money that way too. They have no problem giving it away, but are not much into receiving it. Really, they are blocking it I think (as I relate to myself perhaps).

After I read the Mike Dooley message, I started thinking about how important receiving is. It is so much a part of giving really. In fact, I think being willing and even eager to give and yet not to receive makes the giving more of a show and of the ego and less from the heart. It is less like love and more like getting attention by hoping that people may think of us better.

Think of it this way: the water on our planet evaporates, becomes gas and mixes with the atmosphere, the sun and becomes clouds, then becomes rain drops falling to the earth again. In other words, it is a natural cycle. To give and to not want to or a better way to say it--to not be open to receiving is to block the natural cycle of giving and receiving, evaporation and rain, and so on.

I have to ask myself, how am I blocking receiving as being a natural part of my willingness to give? How can I let go of that need to block it and allow myself to freely receive with gratitude? Am I allowing others to be 'worthy' and not allowing myself to be worthy?

Isn't receiving as much an aspect of love as giving? I need to release my old training that it is good to give and not to receive. I need to allow others to be generous to me by their giving and my receiving is a sharing of that love back to them.

I also need to receive without the need to do anything about it, except perhaps accepting it with joy and love as the intent was given. For me to think that I have to return the favor so to speak is to be in the ego and keeping score. It is all love. Giving and receiving.


I Want To Become A Better Giver AND A Better Receiver.

Spread Some Joy Today--Thank you is a great place to start. There are lots of ways to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment