Friday, July 19, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-19-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Nothing that has ever happened
has anything to do with now,
unless, in my now, I continue
to think and speak about it.
 
Fresh new thoughts today will always
give me a fresh new experience."
 
-- Abraham with Jerry & Esther Hicks


Does the sale we didn't make yesterday, or the deal we blew off, or the so-called mistake or decision we made in the past need to affect us at all right now? I've read a lot about how the past has passed and Eckhart Tolle has said a lot about that. One I read today is like the quote above when he says, "Nothing has ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now; and if the past cannot prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?"

Often I have thought that we are but an accumulation of our experiences (our past) and that determines in good part how we make decisions, think in today's environment. You know, it hasn't been going well financially, and so that is continuing today. I had a 'bad' month last month and this one is off to a similar start. We have a tendency to judge the present by comparing it to the past, which is the same thing as living it now.

Or . . .

Or, we can memorize and deeply understand the quote above from Abraham that "nothing that has ever happened has anything to do with now, unless, in my now, I continue to think and speak about it." When I read this today, it was one of those 'ah-ha' moments. I've read a lot about this idea, but until I read about it clothed in these words it was more a concept than a reality. But, "fresh new thoughts today will always give me a fresh new experience."

When I talk about the past, think about what went on, how it went down, how I felt about it and any number of other thoughts about it, I am reliving it again and it is continuing to effect me today, even though I want something different today. Every moment now is a new starting point unless I drag baggage from what was before.


Today Really Is A New Day And A New Opportunity.

Spread Some Joy Today--Tell it the way you want it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment