Sunday, July 28, 2013

Daily Inspiration 7-28-13

Special Note To CTS Daily Inspiration Readers:

First of all, THANK YOU for being a reader and thank you for all the wonderful comments that I've received over the last four years.

It has been suggested by many people that I create a book out of the CTS Daily Inspirations. I had mixed feelings about this. As people have continued to make the suggestion of the book, I had an idea that I think would make this an interesting and unique book. If many of you who are readers, have been touched by one or more of the inspirational messages, wrote about what inspirations inspired you, encouraged change and growth and generally how they affected you in a positive uplifting way, I would gather these into what I think would be an interesting and powerful book. If you are interested, please send them to me in an email to tminion@commercialtrucksuccess.com. I will include this message for about one month so that all can see it. Feel free to send as many as you like and I will keep you posted on the progress of this idea.



"Don't seek happiness.
If you seek it, you won't find it,
because seeking is the
antithesis of happiness."
 
-- Eckhart Tolle


The pursuit of happiness. It's in the Declaration of Independence, and we've heard it many times. Many of us probably have been pursuing it most of our lives. We do things to be happier. We buy things to be happier. We live a certain way to be happier, and as we chase that feeling of happiness, or what we think it is, we may find that the destination is not all it was cracked up to be.

I love how Eckhart says not to seek happiness. It is truly not something we find, but something we choose to be, and that choice can be made in a moment--in fact, any moment we make that choice.

I was thinking about things, looking around my office and home at the thousands of things I have collected over the years. It seems more like a burden now than a pleasure, but there they are in all their glory. Then I thought, if I had 5 minutes to get out because of some impending disaster, or some other radical excuse, what might I want to take with me. Let's say that I have a truck and I can take anything I want to take in 5 minutes, what would I take? It's an interesting question.

The truth is that I have no idea what I would take. The next thought was, how important is this stuff really? It cannot be very important if I have no idea what I would take. If this is true, why do I still have them?

I've carried them with me from place to place, adding as I have gone, and letting go of very little in the process. The vast majority of the stuff has not been touched in years. Now, I am beginning to think about all this differently. It is sort of like dragging all your past into the present. Does it define me?


"You Can Only Lose Something That You Have, But You Cannot Lose Something That You Are." -- Eckhart Tolle

Spread Some Joy Today--What is really important to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment