Sunday, June 5, 2011

Daily Inspiration 6-5-11

Choice Week


"There is so much about my fate that I cannot control,
but other things do fall under the jurisdiction.
I can decide:

How I spend my time,
whom I interact with,
whom I share my body
and life
and money
and energy with,
I can select what I can read
and eat
and study.
I can choose how I'm going to regard
unfortunate circumstances in my life;
whether I will see them as curses
or opportunities.
I can choose my words
and tone of voice
in which I speak to others.
And most of all,
I can choose my thoughts."

-- Elizabeth Gilbert


We choose so often each and every day that we don't even realizing we are choosing. Life is in our choices and we have multiple ways of seeing anything and anyone. It is not anyone outside of ourselves or circumstances or events outside of ourselves that does the choosing for us, but ourselves alone. We may respond or react. We may choose to be angry or happy. We may choose to justify and judge or allow. We may love with condition or without. It is all in our choices and our choices then become us.

Though we all may realize that we are indeed the choosers, what we may be missing is the deliberate choices that we can make to create a deliberate reality in our lives. What that only means is accepting the responsibility that our power lies in our thinking and therefore all of our choices. In this light, I blame no one and nothing and only realize that I have chosen and each choice creates results. There is infinite freedom in that realization and much joy in the practice of it.



Rather Than Choose And Then See How I Feel, It Is Much Better To Feel Good And Then Make A Choice. It Always Seems To Turn Out Well That Way.


Spread Some Joy Today--Joy begins with appreciation. Find many things and people to appreciate today. What a wonderful day it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment