Saturday, June 11, 2011

Daily Inspiration 6-11-11

"Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your
own powers you cannot be successful or happy."

-- Norman Vincent Peale


"Just as much as we see in others
we have in ourselves."

-- William Hazlitt



Tonight I had one of the best compliments I think I've every received. . .
I was at a special event this evening and I saw a lot of people I love, yet I don't see often. To one gentleman who I recall always has a smile and exudes confidence, I said to him that "every time I see you, you always have a smile on your face!" He said to me, "you know, you always look like you've got everything figured out." And, I said, "Thank you! That's just how I feel."

Of course, my last response is not all true, but yet, at the same time it is--at least from a confidence standpoint, which is relatively new in my life. No, I don't have it all figured out, but what I have figured out works just fine.

To get that kind of statement which I received as a high compliment, I am very pleased. As I look at other people and I see that confidence and calmness in their eyes and their demeanor, I respect it and appreciate it and want to have it, and based on his comment, I am showing what I am feeling and wanting. It is so interesting.

What is also very interesting to me is that now that I have a certain level of calm confidence, I see more of it in others than I ever saw before!

This afternoon, I turned on the TV and for a few minutes watched part of an OverHauling episode. If you've seen the show, you know they take a guy's unfinished dream car and make it a dream car in 7 days and while they do that, they play tricks on the victim for TV interest. This victim wasn't acting like a typical victim. Instead, he was calm and relatively collected. They tried riling him up--even going so far as to insult him repeatedly because he wouldn't get upset, and it was to no avail. He was not plugging into their stuff, yet he remained communicative and under control the whole time. I've seen that show many times, and most of the victim's get quite upset, so this one was very interesting. I say, YES! Nice going! Bravo!

I like how Dr. Phil states it from his book, Life Strategies: "You do not HAVE to be angry just because you have the right to be angry."



If You Only Allow Yourself To Push Your Buttons, It Is Amazing How Calm You Can Be.


Spread Some Joy Today--Pay several people around you today a sincere compliment. Compliment their hair, clothes, whatever. Even if you don't know them. That will spread plenty of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment