Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Daily Inspiration 6-21-11

Success Week


"I learned this, at least, by my experiment:
that if one advances confidently
in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life
which he has imagined,
he will meet with a success
unexpected
in common hours."

-- Henry David Thoreau


Continuing my top ten or so quotes and ideas that have moved me, and at the top or near the top of that list is this Thoreau quote. It is a classic and I just love the way it flows and I love the sureness and optimism of it. To advance confidently in the direction of his dreams. . . We choose our lives and many times we get into a pattern in which we have accepted a routine that we don't really like or a load we didn't intend to be a long term load and such. Thoreau was always focused on what he wanted and moved everything to serve that, and we can as well if we want to do it. We may choose not to and that is okay, and the best thing there is to call that a success and realize that we are indeed doing what we have chosen to do, because we always choose when we think clearly about that.

What I get from this Thoreau quote is this: To allow myself and even encourage myself to dream; to see what I want; to see the value and thrill of that; to feel worthy and to make decisions to follow those dreams realizing they can become reality in my life by that choice, and then living up to the ideals and ideas that I have to the best of my ability, all the while enjoying the journey that unfolds.

What's interesting looking at that is that I feel that I am doing just that and now live my life in accordance with that idea and strategy with increasing joy. Today, I had to drive about an hour or so to an appointment and felt joyous almost the entire trip. It was so much fun and satisfying. Just think where I would be had I started this when I was younger! Of course, it's never too late. It feels great!

Bernard Edmonds had a similar way of looking at it: "To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."



Let Us Advance Confidently! Worthiness Is Ours!


Spread Some Joy Today--To spread joy we only need one thing: to be joyous ourselves. You don't need to tell anyone about it, your face and demeanor will speak volumes for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment