Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daily Inspiration 6-19-11

Success Week


"To laugh often and much;
to win the respect of intelligent people
and affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others;
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


What do you say to that? This one went so easily into my top ten success quotes. I was introduced to this quote back in 1988. I left one dealership for another after a little over 5 years at this store and my sales staff made me a plaque and all their names were at the bottom. It is easily one of the best gifts I've ever received. Since then, I've never forgotten this important quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Seems like we can all fit in there somewhere. . . he didn't say we had to do it all--just some of it. I'll do the appreciate beauty one. . .



Success Is Getting Easier and Easier! Heck, All We Have To Do Is Laugh Often and Much. . .


Spread Some Joy Today--OK, I usually start bringing out Jingle Bells around the end of June, early July. It just feels good, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment