Friday, July 6, 2012

Daily Inspiration 7-6-12

"Jesus' words, "Forgive them,
for they do not know what they do,"
also apply to yourself."

-- Eckhart Tolle

It is so much easier to look at others and talk about them needing to be forgiven, to forgive, to change, to be a better person, and a long list of opinions. All of them exclude us as a matter of course. Focusing on ourselves rather than others is a more productive way to go.

But, it is simpler than this to me. Using a wonderful analogy from Jerry & Esther Hicks and Abraham, I am learning to see that we live in a world that is like a fully and elaborately stocked kitchen. Everything is there in abundant quantity for us to create the perfect pie for us. When we begin to worry about ingredients in the kitchen that we don't want in our pie, we become so concerned that some of that may get in our pie even though it cannot get in our pie unless we put it there. To have it removed from the kitchen deprives anyone else from creating the pie of their choice. It is important then to focus only on what we want to use in our pie, our own creation, and let everyone else create their own pie.

As we give more and more attention to what we don't want in our pie, we begin to attract it as we get whatever we focus upon. If we just keep our noses out of everyone else's pie, we all can thrive and create.

When I am focused on my prejudices, I do not know what I am doing. It is then appropriate to forgive, and ultimately appropriate that I focus that forgiveness on myself. As I see that expansion into love, I can know what I do.
Knowing Is Awareness And Forgiveness Is Love
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Is there anything you might need to forgive yourself for? How about someone else? NOW is a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment