Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daily Inspiration 7-12-12


"There can be no great courage where
there is no confidence or assurance,
and half the battle is in the conviction
that we can do what we undertake."

-- Orison Swett Marden


From some brief reflection today, I was recalling how our company Upward Trend Management Services, LLC began and where we are in the middle of our fifth year. We have come so far and yet barely scratched the surface of what we can do. But the thing that stood out for me was the gaining of confidence as part of the process of trying to do something you've never done before.

Most times probably, when someone begins a business, they've done that work for a time and have a good deal of experience. In my case with this business, I knew very little about it, but believed I was willing to learn it and trust that it would work out as I went. In the beginning, our websites were not very good. They were not really bad, but also not very good. I'll call them professionally acceptable. And, here's the key ingredient: I got better, and as we added team members, we got better, and better, and better.

It wasn't just the people's skills and experience improvements, it was also the products we were using. The Internet is constantly changing, growing and improving and so are the companies who offer products that we use in our business.

There was a time that I might not feel comfortable building a website for a certain client. I felt they needed something more and better than we had to offer at that time. I wasn't ashamed or anything like that, just not confident that we had a good enough product for that client. It was also that we didn't have enough knowledge about what we were doing for that client. But, we kept getting better and kept growing and expanding anyway.

Now, I feel so confident about what we do that I can talk to anyone about it with complete ease. We build a fine product, provide an excellent and useful service and we are constantly and never-ceasing in our improvement. Our business has grown every year substantially and all of that I attribute to keeping on with persistence, growing expertise and confidence. Part of that is adding team members who know better how to do certain things than I did. I know how, it's just that they are more qualified. That gives me even more confidence.

So the inspiration for me today was realizing the confidence that comes from being willing to try, doing with passion, and constantly improving. It was pure joy to feel that today.

A Sincere Willingness To Learn And To Act, Or In My Case, To Act and Then Learn, Opens Opportunities.
Spread Some Joy Today--Expand your own confidence in yourself and what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment