Friday, July 27, 2012

Daily Inspiration 7-27-12


"Sales people should take lessons from their kids.
What does the word "no" mean to a child?
Almost nothing!"

-- Jim Rohn


Today I had the opportunity and pleasure to attend a sales seminar that was packed to overflowing put on by Grant Cardone. I was not familiar with Grant and this particular seminar was about closing sales. He is very energetic and quite skilled as well as an interesting guy. I enjoyed his presentation and information very much, and got to see a few folks that I haven't seen in quite some time.

I sat next to a young man who was in the car business for only three weeks. It brought back memories of when I first began in that business in 1972. I think we hit it off and I will communicate with him and offer to be of assistance if I can, just because I can feel where he's at.

As I said, the large room was packed, and in my own experience of so many years of training sales people, I know there will be maybe, just maybe a handful out of that group that will take to heart the nourishing skill and wisdom that Grant was giving with all his enthusiasm. That's too bad and I would love to see it changed, but that is the way things go so often. We get back to work, get busy, got our life to live and all that stuff (or maybe it should be STUFF), and we are so soon back into our routine and the seminar is a distant memory. Maybe the words, 'that's good for him, but I can't do that stuff,' might even be said.

Truth is, all that information and skill is always there and will always be there to take hold of whenever we are ready. Most are not ready, but if even a couple of people came away with a new design on their lives and career, I know it would be so satisfying to Grant, as it would to me. I get it. And, in addition, I came away with some excellent information for my businesses which I will be implementing in the next few days. I got a renewing charge from the event and I hope many others did as well. Thank you, Grant for taking the time and energy to show up and give us your best. I appreciated it and bought his four books mainly as a thank you, but I will be reading them for the value in them right away.

I get so busy in my growing business that I forget to recharge with events like this. It was a powerful reminder to schedule things like this to insure that I get some different flavors and experiences from time to time. Of course, attending a live seminar or training would be number one, but there is much to be learned from books, audio and video. That I take full advantage of and share with our team as well.

One thing Grant said at the beginning of the meeting. He said that Leaders are Readers. He explained that the average person in America reads one book or less per year, but the average CEO reads 64. Whether those numbers are accurate or not is not important because it is my own experience that the ratio is about right.

Get Fired Up And Renewed Often!
Spread Some Joy Today--Help someone today by sharing your own knowledge and expertise. Be a mentor!

No comments:

Post a Comment