Monday, July 23, 2012

Daily Inspiration 7-23-12


"A man ninety years old was asked to what he attributed
his longevity. I reckon, he said, with a twinkle in his eye,
it is because most nights I went to bed and slept
when I should have sat up and worried."

-- Garson Kanin


Age and aging is an interesting thing. When I was 18, I distinctly remember not being able to even imagine being so old as 30. Then it came and it went, along with the big 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0. There are certainly interesting changes in the body, but the mind doesn't seem to go so quickly.

Tonight I watched a recently released documentary by Mark Wexler, How To Live Forever. I recommend it. It was enjoyable and was all about the oldest of the old and whether people would want to live 500 years if they could. The typical questions were asked many subjects, such as, to what do you attribute you long life? The answers were all over the map.

Some drank alcohol and smoked every day, others led a very conservative lifestyle. In fact, their diet, was the thing that was all over the map. Yet, what was prevalent in virtually all of them was an attitude of living life and enjoying life and not worrying about much of anything. That was often their best advice: enjoy life. Don't worry, be happy.

I think George Burns said it nicely: "If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn't ask me, I'd still have to say it."

Let Peace Begin With Us. Be cool. Have Fun. Enjoy.
Spread Some Joy Today--Today is a great day to send a Thank You care or two, or three. It will be amazing how good they will make you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment