Thursday, December 29, 2011

Daily Inspiration 12-29-11

"I think love has something to do with allowing
a person you claim to love to enter a larger
arena than the one you create for them."

-- Sting

Love is such a fascinating thing. I am continually amazed at love and the various aspects and values of it. It's like I'm observing and participating at the same exact time.

One aspect I've seen that is so interesting is that sometimes I can love someone from afar more than I could if they were near. I think it is as Sting is saying, it is allowing the loved one to be more than I might have them be. As Gerald Jampolsky said, "love is the total absence of fear. Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement."

Do you ever just think of someone from the past, or someone who you haven't seen in a long time and have a strong outpouring of love for them? Do you think they feel that? Somehow I think they do. Have you noticed how you feel about them when you do see them and how that same feeling and outpouring is only enhanced, yet still may be mostly internally shared? In other words, the external expression is too little to show how you feel?

I've also heard it said very poetically by Wayne Dyer, "love is the ability and willingness to allow others that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you." The only way this happens is without fear, and allowing them to enter that larger arena than the one we create for them.


Sometimes Not Being There Can Be More Powerful And Loving. By Letting Go, We Gain So Much More.

Spread Some Joy Today--by loving everyone you can whether near or far.

No comments:

Post a Comment