Saturday, December 17, 2011

Daily Inspiration 12-17-11

"A good wife is one who serves her husband
in the morning like a mother does,
loves him in the day like a sister does,
and pleases him like a prostitute in the night."

-- Chanakya

I remember when I was in my late teens, at work my boss said something very similar to this quote by Chanakya. It is a popular idea, and I probably subscribed to it for at least part of my life, but not for some time.

I would say it differently today:

I want a partner who is of similar mind, yet not so similar that we complete each other's sentences, and have interests and challenges that help cause curiosity and excitement. Someone who is alive, full of life and appreciative of life and living. Someone who is fun to be with, who makes me laugh and is full of love. Someone who encourages and wants the best for me and her at the same time. Someone who is willing to risk in order to expand and be more than yesterday. Someone who enjoys touch and is sensual. Someone who enjoys friends and is generous in nature. Someone I look up to and look forward to. Someone without jealousy, and never ever uses the word 'should.' A valued partner, and enriching friend, a lover of life, and a liver in love.

That's all. . . of course, in order for that to work, I must be those things as well. I cannot expect others, no matter their title, to do that which I am not willing or interested in doing or being.


Happiness Is Being Happy! That Was Easy!

Spread Some Joy Today--Think about this: What are the rules for you to have joy? What needs to happen? How do things need to be? The more rules you have, the less joy you can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment