Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daily Inspiration 12-27-11

"This is the true joy of life--the being used for a
purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one,
the being thoroughly worn out before you are
thrown to the scrap-heap. . . ."

-- George Bernard Shaw


"A mind always employed is always happy.
This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity."

-- Thomas Jefferson


"Happiness. . . it lies in the joy of achievement,
in the thrill of creative effort."

-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt


"Do you want my one-word secret of happiness?
It's growth--mental, financial, you name it."

-- Harold S Geneen


"There is joy in work. . . .There is no happiness except
in the realization that we have accomplished something."

-- Henry Ford


I've had a wonderful trip away from home base and was thinking about happiness, so I looked at a few pages of quotes in a book I have and have shared a few samples above from some famous people.

What made me think about happiness, was thinking that something needs to be a certain way in order for happiness to be a result and I've always had a problem with this because these things are illusive and seemingly selective.

Though people may choose to be happy under a lot of circumstances, it can also be a burden to try to line those things up in hopes of the desired result.

I've chosen to forget about external things, or in fact, any things to lead toward happiness. I have found the simplest way to achieve happiness under any and all circumstances. It is as easy as choosing to be happy and the way to that is choosing happier thoughts at any given time.

What is interesting to me about this is that I am in 100% total control and another interesting thing is that other people are noticing and saying they notice such a difference. Though I may find things that I enjoy, it is not the thing that creates the happiness, but the enjoyment.



"How Simple It Is To See That We Can Only Be Happy Now, And There Will Never Be A Time When It Is Not Now." -- Gerald Jampolsky


Spread Some Joy Today--Don't worry. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment