Friday, December 23, 2011

Daily Inspiration 12-23-11

"Kind words do not cost much. . .
Yet they accomplish."

-- Blaise Pascal


On a long driving trip, we stopped at a chain burger place, and placed our order. The order came out a bit slower than it might normally and there were other people in line, yet this young man who took the order was unfazed, calm, cool and collected.

After we enjoyed our food, I decided to walk over and get that employee's attention and say something to him. What I said was this, "I just wanted to let you know that when we were in line and you took our order, I felt there was an aura about you that spoke calm confidence, and I can tell you that that is one super quality for managers. Keep up the good work."

He wasn't a manager. . . yet, but I was impressed in such a short few moments. So how did he take it? He was beaming as if I just made his day and he thanked me.

The reason I tell this little story is that you probably have done as I have and have had people impress us in one way or another and then in our busy-ness, we move along and do nothing. Maybe we thought about saying something, but doing it is way more interesting than just thinking about it.

I've begun doing this quite often with almost identical results, and it is so rewarding to the one I tell and to me as well. Yet, I don't do it for me. It's fun. Try it. Next time someone impresses you, or there is just something that you feel is special about them, let them know. See what happens.



Reach Out And Touch Someone!


Spread Some Joy Today--Always keep a keen eye for any opportunity at any kind of appreciation, however insignificant it may seem on first thought. Then appreciate liberally.

No comments:

Post a Comment