Saturday, December 24, 2011

Daily Inspiration 12-24-11

"Joy is not in things, it is in us."

-- Richard Wagner


This afternoon, on December 23rd, I went into a Wal-Mart to get a few things while on a trip and it was quite busy as you might imagine a couple days before Christmas. The weather outside was 66 degrees and clear, so it was an awesome day in December. I looked at every single person that I could see in the store. Not a single one out of the hundreds of people had a smile on their face.

That seemed very odd to me. I thought for sure there would be some, or a few at least. I was having a wonderful time, and thought that I would look directly at some of them as I walked through the store. Hardly anyone even made eye contact. I kept smiling and even tried smiling more brightly, and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Sometimes the more of us that are in a space, the less we have any meaningful interaction. One very easy thing that can change that is simply to smile at one another acknowledging them. Or, maybe getting those things is so important that we can't be bothered.



Merry Christmas! Have A Great Time.


Spread Some Joy Today--practice your smile and your own joy. If others follow, fine, but we are all responsible for our own joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment