Sunday, December 11, 2011

Daily Inspiration 12-11-11

"There's no reality except the one contained within us.
That's why so many people live an unreal life.
They take images outside them for reality and
never allow the world within them to assert itself."

-- Hermann Hesse


I love this quote by one of my favorite authors, Hermann Hesse. On the surface, it seems heavy, but is so simple and true. Today was a perfect example to me how true it is.

Today, I had the most wonderful day. People that read the Daily Inspirations probably aren't impressed with that because I pretty much have a good day every day. Yet, today was dramatically better, and the thing that made it better is that I woke up this morning with a firm intent to fully enjoy myself and my day--to seek joy and to love life. And, so it came to be as I desired it to be. . . exactly.

You know, sometimes we eat food, even food we love in such a way that no one could know that this was true. At breakfast this morning I was enjoying some sourdough french bread and butter with the same relish as Bill Murray did in What About Bob? I stood there in the kitchen with the toast and some coffee and just had a love affair with it all. It was glorious.

The rest of the day went the same direction, and I enjoyed every second of it. It was magical. I felt rich today. I was far more generous than normal. I helped others in ways I normally wouldn't do, and even enjoyed some work time at a leisurely pace.

For the last couple of years, I've been focused on finding ways to feel better on purpose as a strategy to have a more joyous life. I've practiced it generally, but nothing like today--or maybe now I'm just getting good at it from the practice. Today it made such a dramatic difference, so I will duplicate it tomorrow to prove it isn't a fluke.



Wouldn't It Be Nice To Have A Glorious Day Any Time You Choose?


Spread Some Joy Today--Choose to today. See what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment