Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-9-11

"I conceive that the great part of the miseries
of mankind are bought upon them by false estimates
they have made of the value of things."

-- Benjamin Franklin


"Bad times have a scientific value.
These are occasions a good learner would not miss."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


It would be convenient and easy to relate these two quotes to the stock market and issues of late, but I will let that silliness speak for itself. . .

I was reading a new book I just downloaded to my Kindle by A. J. Greer called 40 Day Principles to Love and Prosperity, and in day 18, she speaks of value. I would refer what she is saying as being alive in and paying attention to the moments, not missing the countryside while driving and so on, but while reading this (and agreeing with it as well), it triggered a thought about value in a different way.

This is a very valuable lesson that took me so long to learn, and that was to learn to appreciate--even if it must be after the fact--of everything I go through and every one I deal with, especially if it is not particularly pleasant, because once awareness takes hold, there will be much value to be gleaned from these "bad times," or "A**holes," as I used to refer to them.

I've worked with a few choice negative people and when those are in a position of authority over you, that makes it even more frustrating. In looking back after many years at some of these people, I see it was fear, a not knowing or unawareness of how love can be part of our lives all day every day. I'm thinking of one in particular who is now passed, but he was such a thorn in my side and a pain in other areas. Easily one of the most negative people I have ever encountered, yet there were times that he let down that protective facade and you could see his soft and vulnerable self.

His grumpiness was not focused on me, it was splattered on everyone below his authority level. And, I knew that he respected my abilities and talents because I could tell that, but he was not very helpful most of the time. I used to go home at night and complain like crazy about him and his attitude, etc.

And, through all of that, I love him and learned a good deal from him and about me in dealing with that kind of negative influence. All in all, it was more positive than negative when I step away far enough to see the bigger picture, as it has become with every "enemy" in my life, to the point now that I have none but friends and helpers, though their intent may have been otherwise. It is only been in the last couple of years that I have fully embraced this concept and positive expectation, and I absolutely love it. What a difference it has made in me. How much stronger I have become as a result. How much growth I have experienced in the process. It is perfect. . . now.



I Now Find Such Value In The Strangest Places.

Spread Some Joy Today--Take a good look at any of the negative people in your life. See how they are making you become more in order to deal with it in a positive way. It's not that they are lessons so much as they are providing you value. If not now, you'll thank them later as you become more aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment