Monday, August 8, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-8-11

"We really cannot change the external world
nor can we change other people.
We can change how we perceive the world,
how we perceive others,
and how we perceive ourselves."

-- Gerald G Jampolsky, M.D.


This evening, I was looking at one of my bookshelves and noticed an old favorite that I read in the early to mid-1980s, originally published in 1979 and the one on my shelf was the 25th anniversary edition published in 2004. It was one of the most powerful and simple books that began to change some of my thinking (habits of thought, past training, etc.). It is written by Gerald Jampolsky and titled, Love Is Letting Go Of Fear.

Of all the hundreds of books I've read on psychology, self-help and others, I would recommend this book as the simplest and best plan for change quickly. It is so easy to read that you can complete it in one sitting, but is so profound, that you could review it for a lifetime.

One section talks about words to eliminate from our vocabularies because they keep us tied to the past, such as, impossible, can't try, limitation, if only, but, however, difficult, ought to, should, doubt, any words that place you or anyone else in a category and more.

In another section, he suggests that rather than trying to juggle so many different goals in our lives, or trying to balance our lives, that we instead have one single goal of peace of mind.

Here's a great piece about choice: "We all have the power to direct our minds to replace the feelings of being upset, depressed and fearful with the feeling of inner peace.

I am tempted to believe that I am upset because of what other people do or because of circumstances and events which seem beyond my control. I may experience being upset as some form of anger, jealousy, resentment or depression. Actually, all of these feelings represent some form of fear that I am experiencing. When I recognize that I always have the choice between being fearful or experiencing Love by extending Love to others, I need no longer be upset for any reason."

I enjoyed very much reading through this wonderful book again. If you haven't read it, or haven't read it lately, now might be a good time! You can never have too much love.



Love IS Letting Go Of Fear!

Spread Some Joy Today--Share one of your favorite books or other writings with a friend! You never know how that might benefit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment