Monday, August 15, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-15-11

What I Learned From The Bible Week

These are the things that I learned from a time of reading and studying the Bible that really stood out for me and that still have an effect on me many years later.


"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love
your neighbor, and hate your enemy.'
But I say to you, love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you."

-- Matthew 5:43,44


Shortly after becoming involved in church at about 45, I was intrigued by this quote from Matthew about loving your enemies and praying for or blessing those who persecute you. As a result, I grew to love the whole idea of it and practiced it whenever I could. I got to the point that I inspired other people in my passion for this, but it isn't something that came naturally, but from practice and love of the idea.

Proverbs 25:21-22 is another place this stood out for me. "If your enemy is hungry, give him good to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you."

I use this concept in business and it has been a huge benefit. Many people talk about competition as if they are enemies trying to take away what we have, seeking to destroy us. I reject that idea and promote helping others and lifting them up and even helping them in some ways to grow their business. It has worked for us like magic. It's the same concept as the Matthew quote.

What's also interesting about this and our business approach is that it startles people, catching them off guard, and even becoming friends and supporters as time goes forward. I absolutely love it.

This whole idea is easily one of the greatest things I've ever learned or practiced.



Love Is Always The Best Decision.


Spread Some Joy Today--If you have any people that you think are against you, warm to the concept of blessing them and loving them as if they were actually a freiend. I predict it won't be long before they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment