Monday, August 1, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-1-11

"The future is something which everyone reaches
at the rate of sixty minutes an hour,
whatever he does, whoever he is."

-- C.S. Lewis


I realize that I have the same amount of time as everyone else in a day. It is still 24 hours at a time. What I don't have is probably more valuable than time, and that is sufficient energy, organization, or assistance.

Indeed, I am a very busy guy and I do a lot of things, but I often wonder what I could accomplish if I were organized, and could sustain focus and energy in longer spurts. When I tackle an issue that I've procrastinated on, or don't really want to do, yet need to, I find myself waning after relative short periods of labor. It is so pleasant and easy to do something less important, but far more fun, you know! It's hard to resist the impulse to sway to and fro off the beam and lengthen that important project into the future one more time. Or, at least part of it.

Oh how I long for a personal assistant who will make me look so good that I would amaze myself. To follow me around taking care of things I choose not to take time to do that can be delegated. How wonderful. I look forward with eager anticipation to that time when this person has me so organized and smooth running!

I dare say that in the near future, that PA position will be one of the best positions in our company because I am crystal clear on the value that kind of person can bring to productivity--and JOY!



We All Need A Little Help.


Spread Some Joy Today--Today is the first day of the rest of your life. What a great day to make a change for the better. There's joy in such activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment