Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-14-11

What I Learned From The Bible Week

These are the things that I learned from a time of reading and studying the Bible that really stood out for me and that still have an effect on me many years later.


"He who is without sin among you,
let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

-- John 8:7b


"Do not judge lest you be judged.
For in the way you judge, you will be judged;
and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."

-- Matthew 7:1-2


These are the two passages I have reflected on the most and continue to this day working on perfecting. My ego tries to take charge, and used to succeed quite often, but I keep reminding myself that I have no right to judge anyone, and if I did, there would be plenty to judge me on.

Another way I learned this that has also stuck with me is from my first philosophical mentor, Jim Rohn. He said essentially, "there are two ways to have the tallest building. One is to become known as a builder, the other as a destroyer by tearing everyone else's down."

Though my ego is still a part of me, it is a part I have much control over now. As situations come up where I am speaking ill of someone or something, I often stop mid-sentence now and let it go. These passages have helped me to stay aware of my place and position, and exude love rather than condemnation.



The Speck In My Brother's Eye And The Log In Mine. That Puts It In Proper Perspective. . .


Spread Some Joy Today--Be non-judgemental for today. It could become a life-long work of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment