Thursday, August 11, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-11-11

"You always do what you want to do.
This is true with every act.
You may say that you had to do something,
or that you were forced to, but actually,
whatever you do, you do by choice.
Only you have the power to choose for yourself."

-- W Clement Stone


The quote above is one of the toughest ideas for me to accept. It's easy to think that we choose certain things, but it is a whole different story to believe we choose other things--especially bad things, or negative things.

I think I've finally allowed that concept to become part of me after taking a hard look at a lot of choices I've made, and I've been able to see that no matter what the reason I gave, or excuse I created, in the end, I chose.

It's not just acts either. I am always choosing my thoughts and consequently, how I feel. I can choose to be depressed, or elated, and I've chosen both, though I used to think that others created those feelings in me. Now I know it is the other way around.

I call it accepting responsibility for my life. Other people are certainly participants, but I always choose for me.


It's Actually A Relief To Know I'm Responsible.

Spread Some Joy Today--Give someone you like a gift. It need not be expensive. Often the simplist gifts carry the best response and create lasting joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment