Sunday, August 21, 2011

Daily Inspiration 8-21-11

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal
hanging on of an uncompleted task."

-- William James


"Anyone can do any amount of work,
provided it isn't the work he is
supposed to be doing at that moment."

-- Robert Benchley


I love working and I love to get things done, and I do get a lot of things done. I even have been known to amaze a few people with what I can get done, or how many things I can be doing, but I don't amaze myself. The reason is that I know full well how many things I want to do and don't, and should do and don't, or need to do and don't. I'm a skilled procrastinator sometimes.

But, today was a victory over procrastination! I completed a task that has been bothering me for many months and I got it done in half a day. Hooray! I was beginning to wonder about my own drive on that task.

When I run up on something that I don't know where things are, or are unfamiliar, or the sheer complications of the idea of doing a task gets in the way, it is difficult to get past the initial commitment to get it done. Sometimes deadlines work, or stating a commitment to others that it will be done in a certain time frame, and other times that strategy just makes it worse.

Basically, I just have to decide that it is important enough right now that I begin the process and do my best to stick to it, and it is amazing that it is not nearly as complicated as it seems on the surface.

So, if you have a tendency to procrastinate on some things, I feel your pain, and support your efforts (or lack of them) as I would my own. I just wish the best for you and hope you succeed as you desire.



Tomorrow Is Often The Busiest Day Of The Week
-- Spanish Proverb


Spread Some Joy Today--Don't worry. . . be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment