Friday, October 5, 2012

Daily Inspiration 10-5-12

"Cease to inquire what the future has in store,
and take as a gift whatever the day brings forth."

-- Horace
From Wikipedia: Quintus Horatius Flaccus (8 December 65 BC - 27 November 8 BC), known in the English-speaking world as Horace, was the leading Roman lyric poet during the time of Augustus.
 
The more I think I am becoming more enlightened by studying such modern day guru's such as Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer and many more, the more I see that these new thoughts are not very new. When I see this quote above by Horace who died in 8 BC, over two thousand years ago, it is even more clear to me that I'm not only on the right track, but the wisdom is ancient.
 
As I travel lately experiencing things within my family I never dreamed of, starting a business at age 58 five years ago, and a long list of other thoughts I won't bore you with, I find more reason and more peace in learning to live right now, this minute, and allow the future to be what it will be--but not only that, but to allow the present moments to be what they are without any concern that they should be something different.
 
I know it sounds kind of airy-fairie, and it is not anything of the sort, but living like that doesn't mean that decisions aren't made, that preferences are not born and accepted, or that change doesn't take place. It doesn't really change any of that. All it does is take the stress or the unhappiness or feeling bad part out of the equation. It just means feeling good, finding better feeling thoughts and going with that flow rather than doing what I love to call, swimming upstream. Resisting the way things are is swimming upstream. Feeling bad is swimming upstream. Wishing things were different is swimming upstream.
 
There is no resignation in this at all. It is acceptance as if I created it on purpose. If I find it is not to my current liking, I can change it easily enough by finding better feeling thoughts about it. That moves the needle and smoothes the way.
I Love Ancient Wisdom. It Circulates Nicely And Allows Itself To Be Reborn, Rephrased, Renewed.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Why not? Why not you? Why not now?

No comments:

Post a Comment