Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Daily Inspiration 10-3-12

"Take time to deliberate,
but when the time for action has arrived,
stop thinking and go in."

-- Napoleon Bonaparte
I receive several daily email pieces with quotes and some of them come at the perfect time and say the perfect thing and I find that simply amazing. The quote above came just in time because I had been thinking for several months about some changes that I felt needed to come about, but they weren't pleasant to deal with. This fact caused me to think more and more to try to make sure that I wasn't acting prematurely or without good reason, or in making changes more than need be.
 
I'm sure we all want to make the best decisions possible and often as a result may tend to think on them longer than is really necessary. I do that on significant changes and I know it all works out, but sometimes I think I could certainly be quicker at the task. But, I've also learned that it is what it is and it comes when it comes and that is okay and needs to be okay. I certainly don't want to look backward in regret of having not decided soon enough, so by accepting it for what it is, that takes the heat off.
 
As it was, this quote reminded me that there is a time for thinking and a time for doing. So I elaborated and calculated, considered and weighed, made peace with my potential decision, then I stopped thinking and acted immediately. It still wasn't pleasant, but I believe it to be the best course of action for the whole. That's enough. It doesn't need to be more.
Time To Get On With It.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Give an anonymous donation to a worthy cause. Maybe it is a neighbor, church member, friend, or just some stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment