Monday, October 1, 2012

Daily Inspiration 10-1-12

"It is more blessed to give than to receive."

-- The Bible, Acts 20:35  

I was thinking about giving tonight, and how that is such a large category and there are so many ways to give. That led me to some quotes about giving and many of the ones I found say that to give is to receive and giving opens the way for receiving, the law of the harvest is to reap more than you sow and then one from Saint Francis of Assisi who said, "For it is in giving that we receive." That's all good, of course, but it wasn't quite what I was thinking about.

Then I found this from Rainer Maria Rilke: "This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess. . . ." The others were good, but this one resonated with me. I'm not thinking about what I might get back or whether it might be tenfold or a hundredfold, but only the way I feel when I give and how by giving I become more that I was without looking for it. It's just there. That is the best.

Another one that resonated with me is from my mentor, Jim Rohn: "Nothing teaches character better than generosity." Yes, I agree.
 
Just Because. . . What A Great Reason! 
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Give your love away. There's an unending supply, and no point in holding on to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment