Monday, October 15, 2012

Daily Inspiration 10-15-12

"Real persuasion comes from putting more of you
into everything you say. Words have an effect.
Words loaded with emotion have a powerful effect."

-- Jim Rohn
My partner and I have been preparing six training 'talks' or instructions for a presentation this week. We've written them out and practiced them getting each others feedback and modifying the outlines each time.
 
At one point I was a bit frustrated by the way we were presenting the material and it had more of the outline in it and less of us. So, I took it down to the most basic premise of why I was doing this to begin with and why I chose to teach on this subject. I became animated, moving my arms, talking more loudly, with a whole lot of passion of the subject and the thing I would like to achieve by doing the talk, and all of a sudden, we both lit up. That was what was missing. The passion that we both share for the subject, along with the personal experiences were subdued and the focus was on the outline of covering each point. It was a wonderful turning event in our preparation for this meeting.
 
Now these presentations are going to be far better than they would have been and it is all due to putting us in them. When you are communicating something worthwhile, make sure and include YOU and your passion!
Emotion Is A Wonderful Tool. . .
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Treat yourself like the super person you are today. Take yourself out for lunch. Maybe even invite a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment