Friday, October 19, 2012

Daily Inspiration 10-19-12

"A professional is a person who can do his best
at a time when he doesn't particularly feel like it."

-- Alistair Cooke
I used to believe as this quote states, but have changed my mind. I don't remember where I got this idea. Maybe I saw this quote a long time ago, but somewhere along the line I adopted this attitude and even promoted the idea that being a professional is doing it anyway even when you don't feel like it.
 
The trouble came with the results. When you don't feel like it, I don't care whether you are a professional or an amateur, it isn't going to come out like it will when you DO feel like it.
 
Consequently, a better way is to find a way to FEEL like it rather than to cover it up with extraordinary effort and stodgy sticktoitivness.
 
Maybe you need to go to the bathroom and meditate for a few minutes, but whatever it is, the mind must come to a better conclusion than to work through it.
 
I have found in the last few years a far better method: choose a better feeling thought and keep choosing a better feeling thought over and over again until you are feeling better. It need not take longer than a few minutes. It is easy and it works like magic. You can go in dinky little increments, but the key is that it has to be better than the previous thought.
I Feel Better Already. . .
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Gratitude is a good tool as well. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment