Saturday, October 27, 2012

Daily Inspiration 10-27-12

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper,
he should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted,
or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry.
He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven
and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great
street sweeper who did his job well.'"

-- Martin Luther King, Jr
The quote above attributed to Martin Luther King Jr. has stuck with me for many years. It is a powerful reminder to me to focus on what can be done, rather than what is not being done. It causes me to focus on the positive instead of the negative; to focus on making a difference in myself first and others will notice. It causes me to stop complaining about the help I don't have or how little I get paid, or how much I would rather be somewhere else. It does all of that because it empowers me to be in complete and total control of what I do regardless of what anyone or everyone else does.
 
With this control accepted and a job well done as a result, I see the world different than before. It is most certainly a better world, more alive and more perfect than I had ever seen.
It's An Eye Opener! I Create My Own World. Seriously.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--As you accept that you can do this, you realize how much of a difference you can make in another's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment