Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daily Inspiration 6-26-12

"Don't rely on someone else for your happiness
and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that.
If you can't love and respect yourself--no one else
will be able to make that happen. Accept who you
are--completely; the good and the bad--and make
changes as YOU see fit--not because you think
someone else wants you to be different."

-- Stacey Charter

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Good words except for the word pursuit. It should be, Life, liberty and choosing happiness, because that is all it is. It is not something that can be pursued or caught. If it were, it would be such a fleeting thing. It isn't something that anything or anyone can give us or create in us. It is 100% an inside job, and is simply, and purely, a choice to allow ourselves to be happy.

A better way to say it is that it is purely our point of view, or how we view things and other people. We can choose to feel good and enjoy the view, or feel poorly and dislike the view. In either case, it is totally our choice of how we view it.

I think that a lot of people are looking for someone to make them happy. That's far too much pressure on them. They don't have that much power. They can only choose happiness for themselves and cannot give it to you. Once this concept is realized it changes things in a big way.

That's what transpired in my life. Most of my life I was looking for the right job, the right amount of money, the right place to live, the right relationship, and more to make me happy. I was disappointed a lot because that is a hard way to go about it. When I realized that only I can make me happy, then I really began to enjoy my life and I found more things to be happy about. Now I'm a practicing happy person.

It becomes easy when you like and respect yourself. I used to beat myself up all the time for making mistakes and bad decisions and on and on. Now if I feel that kind of thinking coming along, I step out of the way and let it go on by. What helps me do that the most now is to focus on now and not into the future or the past. I'm practicing that too.
Life Is Better When I Practice.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Give someone a hug. You need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment