Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daily Inspiration 6-14-12


"Harmony is one phase of the great law
whose spiritual expression is love."

-- James Allen


Truly there is not a day that goes by that I am not learning something, although I have to admit that some days I'm not paying too much attention. Yesterday, I was paying attention.

Ever heard any of these phrases? Might is Right. There is only one truth. It's my way or the highway. Those idiots don't have a clue what they're doing. If they would just open their eyes, they could see the way. They need to get their head out of their . . . There are only two ways to do a thing: the right way and the wrong way. There's only one reality.

Yesterday, something became very clear to me. It is something that I've intellectually accepted and expressed, but it obviously wasn't fully embraced and that is that there are as many truths is the world as there are people to think them. The way I normally express that is that there is your way, my way and their way, but there is no Way.

It's easy to become a fanatic in our enthusiasm and belief in our own truth. There are millions of books expressing the right and wrong ways; and of course, the wrong way is everyone else's way. I've done it a good part of my life, or rather joined the group or groups who are the right way, along with one or two that were the Way. But, there was always something sticking in my craw even though I was expressing my enthusiasm to others about my truth.

When I accept as a fact that there is no Way, yet there are infinite ways, I feel love blossoming and I also feel that I want it to expand, yet my ego wants to control things and prevail. It always did in the past, but it is now less every day because I am aware of its shenanigans. The truth is that the ego never really has control unless we allow it.

Can we be passionate about something we feel strongly about or believe, and still allow what might appear to be opposing viewpoints? The key word there is 'allow.' That is not that hard, but here is a more substantial point of view: Can we be passionate about something we feel strongly about or believe, and EMBRACE what might appear to be opposing viewpoints? That's the same thing as saying that I want what you want for yourself while I want what I want for myself, and all is as it is.

Which brings me to my favorite quote of all time on love from Wayne Dyer: "love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you." We could substitute be what they choose, to believe what they choose, think what they choose, do what they choose.

And yesterday, I saw so clearly that I can be passionate and yet open minded; I can be enthusiastic and allowing; I can state what I think and feel while not needing them to think or feel the same thing. It was an ah-ha moment where something goes from believing a concept to accepting it in your heart.

"Wisdom Can See And Allow Truth In All Its Variations And Embrace Them."
--Albert K Strong
Spread Some Joy Today--by practicing unconditional love with those you love. Allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment