Saturday, June 2, 2012

Daily Inspiration 6-2-12

"Celebrate what you want
to see more of."

-- Tom Peters

It's so easy to get caught in the trap as Elvis used to sing so well. It somehow seems natural, and yet it doesn't feel good or right even. The trap is in finding fault, and there are so many ways to do it, as well different venues such as at work, at home, at parties, at social events, in restaurants, in meetings, and pretty much where ever there are more than one person.

Somehow we think it is going to have a reward like finding an answer to the problem we find fault and complain about, or that we will find the solution to how someone else is acting or behaving and how to get them to do it the right way, which of course, is our way. But the only true reward is frustration and disappointment. Neither is very valuable.

So, as positive as people think I am, I've been in the trap recently in our business focusing on what's in need of repair, or what's wrong, while only occasionally talking about what is right in comparison. To be fair, I am paying attention to where my attitude is and what is coming out of my mouth, and it isn't the majority of the time, but a minority. Still, it sucks. Today, I realized just how much it sucks and the fact that restating the problems is a never-ending circle going nowhere.

So, I've decided something to change: My focus. I am not going to pay hardly any attention to what is wrong, or not working, etc., and instead of that time spent, will spend it in praise and admiration of what is right and what is working. This includes celebrating people in our business as well as my personal life.

Now, I've been sort of heading this direction and practicing for some time; however, this is going to be different. I'm going to pretty much ignore the other side and deal only in facts and zero drama. As an example, I'm going to celebrate our clients who pay us in a timely manner; those who participate with us helping them, and much more. Rather than instituting the typical collection policy, we will develop our unique collection policy by seeking those who match these simple, yet awesome standards and by our celebration, praise and focus, thereby attract more of them to us, while the other types will fall by the wayside.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I am happy to have done so and eagerly and enthusiastically look forward to practicing and implementing this far better strategy.
I'm So Done With The Old And So Into The New.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--That's right! Spread some joy today! Have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment