Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Daily Inspiration 5-23-12

"I just do not hang around anybody that
I don't want to be with. Period. For me, that's
been a blessing, and I can stay positive.
I hang around people who are happy,
who are growing, who want to learn,
who don't mind saying sorry or thank you. . .
and having a fun time."

-- John Assaraf

We all probably know some of those people who complain about almost everything in their lives, along with the news about what is going on with others and so on. They are in that wicked game of playing victim, persecutor and rescuer, switching roles at will and depending on who they are talking with and whether or not they will participate by playing along with them.

Maybe one or more of those people are relatives, co-workers, even a boss or supervisor. Some may not be easy to escape from depending on who they are in your life; however, the key for our own survival, growth and well-being is to spend zero or as little time with these toxic folks as possible.

Jack Canfield says it well in this way: "Think about it. I'm sure you know people who only have to walk into the room to totally drain you of energy. I refer to these people as psychic vampires. They literally suck the life energy right out of you. Stop spending time with them." He says, "make a conscious effort to surround yourself with positive, nourishing, and uplifting people--people who believe in you, encourage you to go after your dreams, and applaud you victories. Surround yourself with possibility thinkers, idealists, and visionaries."

You know, it's funny. I have very few of these negative people in my life lately. If I meet one and they start their routine, I'm excusing myself and moving away quickly, even mid-sentence. It works. They find people who are willing to help them with their game, and I am on to more positive, uplifting people.
We Always Get To Choose What Influences Us.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Think of someone and how special they are until you are feeling such a feeling of love, then let it go. They will know it, even at a great distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment