Thursday, November 29, 2012

Daily Inspiration 11-29-12

"Making good decisions
is a crucial skill
at every level."

-- Peter Drucker


Sometimes I just scratch my head in wonder at the responses that I get from some businesses (employees), and organizations. I had another one on the 27th.
 
I saw an email announcement from a book seller that I buy from sometimes. They have closeout copies at a bargain price and I love to give books away, so that allows me to give more away. Well, I wanted this one book by John C Maxwell and they had 56 copies of it and it was on sale for half their normal bargain price Black Friday through Cyber Monday. I got busy, time passed, and on Tuesday I sent them an email. I told them I wanted to take advantage of the sale and if they would honor it, I would buy the remaining 45 copies immediately.

The next day I get this response: "Thank you for your note. Unfortunately, once a promotional sale has ended, I am no longer able to apply it to any orders placed afterwards. I am very sorry for any inconvenience." When I see this, I call BS. What they mean is we choose not to do this for you. Phrases like, "can't" or "no longer able" is just plain crap.

I'm not upset. I don't need the books. It appears that they do. Yet I've been a customer for a number of years and you might think they would focus on that just a little bit. What's the big deal? It's not a big deal, rather, it is a great deal. They would sell 45 more books and do what they claim to do: closeout books. I won't say the name of the company, but it rhymes with bookclosouts.com. . .

Anyway, I think it's funny how people respond to common sense, and how they relish rules and tradition. This example is dinky and insignificant compared to so many I see that involve hundreds of thousands of dollars.

When it comes to these kinds of things, regardless of size, I just stand back and go hmmmmm. . . velly intellesting! 
 

Here's Hoping Your Business Dealings Make Better Sense.
Spread Some Joy Today--Take a nap! Don't ya just love naps? 

No comments:

Post a Comment