Friday, November 2, 2012

Daily Inspiration 11-2-12

"Still round the corner there may wait,
a new road or a secret gate."

-- J. R. R. Tolkien
I've given up hope.
 
Yes, I've given up hope, and although it is a recent release in my life, I expect it to last the rest of my life. Hope really hasn't done anything for me anyway that I can think of. If you think about it, that word is what I want to call an if-come-maybe. It seems like a place of desperation when all else fails. We say, 'well, at least we have hope.' Now I can say, 'no thanks. I've given up hope. I've given it up for something far better!'
 
Instead of hope, I have embraced curious excitement. I'll explain.
 
Standing where I am today and looking backward at my journey, there is a turning point that overshadows all the rest. It was when I began to do as yesterday's Daily Inspiration stated by the 15-year old dancer, 'to just dance.' That's why that video spoke so loudly to me because that is exactly where I have come to. For the most part, I have given up judging and evaluating and have begun to just enjoy myself and dance.
 
This is a very important place for me to get to because now I look on what will come next with curious excitement and anticipation of life being fulfilled in whatever way it comes. It reminds me of the story quote from Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth, "This is my secret," he said. "I don't mind what happens."
 
This Is Truly A Place Of Release And Trust.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--"Whenever there is inspiration. . . and enthusiasm. . . there is a creative empowerment that goes far beyond what a mere person is capable of." -- Eckhart Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment